anger, better, birthday, change, children, compare, death, different, failure, future, Happy, help, helping, hurt, Inspiration, inspirational, lack, life, loss, Love, mankind, me, motivation, motivational, of, opinion, others, parents, peace, people, project 365, reflections, relationships, respect, safety, Spirituality, success, thought, thoughts, us, wife, you
Zadok [Zā’dŏk]—righteous, justified.
The Man Who Remained Loyal
1. The son of Ahitub and father of Ahimaaz, a priest in David’s time (2 Sam. 8:17; 15:24-36; 17:15; 18:19,27; 19:11; 20:25). Other references may be found in 1 Kings, 1, 2 Chronicles, Ezra and Ezekiel.
Zadok was the founder of an important part of the priesthood and from Solomon’s time his descendants constituted the most prominent family among the order of priests.
As a young man, he was mighty of valor (1 Chron. 12:27, 28).
As a friend of David, Zadok remained true to him during Absalom’s rebellion ( 2 Sam. 15:24-29).
2. The father of Jerusha, wife of Uzziah and mother of Jotham, king of Judah (2 Kings 15:33 ; 2 Chron. 27:1).
3. Son of Ahitub, grandson of Azariah, high priest in Solomon’s great Temple (1 Chron. 6:12; 9:11).
4. The son of Baana who shared in the repair of the wall of Jerusalem ( Neh. 3:4).
5. A priest, son of Immer (Neh. 3:29).
6. One of the chiefs of the people who sealed the covenant (Neh. 10:21).
7. A son of Meraioth, of priestly ancestry (Neh. 11:11).